When the radio reporters and news correspondents announced that there is a typhoon heading the country, no one ever thought that it would be a non-stop countless-hour disastrous rain that will cause destruction and mayhem in most areas. The name is Ondoy and he’s one hell of a typhoon! This one typhoon is unstoppable raining machine and he’s destructive ability is undeniable.
As this destructive typhoon starts to rain the Pinoy Grounds, this angry man who calls himself Ondoy washed away the peaceful lands and destroyed some local bridges in some part of Luzon. Rural and Urban areas are not exempted from his wrath. Lucky for us coz the flood outside doesn’t infiltrate most of the houses in our area.
Here’s one of the shots in the ghetto scene of our area. Rain or shine, storm, typhoon or any natural disaster wont bring the homies down from the ghetto. One thing that can tear them apart was the cops! hehehe!
As we all know, Typhoon is always equal to Disaster, so we have to be prepared at all times, most specially this rainy season. Here are some of trigger happy tips on what to do when this time comes. (not applicable in all cases)
1. Back to the Primitive, back to basic, back to oldskool. Always prepare for candles, matches and/or lighters coz blackouts usually occur during typhoons.
* Be careful on where you’ll place the candles, coz one mistake can burn your house! Just place these in a safe spot and unreachable by children.
2. Light those pen that lights the darkness. Bring out your penlights, flashlights and batteries. Use this only when trying to find something and when your candles are out.
3. Coffee anyone? Have something to break those rainy cold weather feeling.
4. Check your food stocks if it is enough to supply your needs. If you think it’s not, then what are you waiting for? Go to your nearest store and buy!
5. Hold your horses down. A friendly reminder for the motorists to slow down. Take extra precautions on the road. Don’t be stupid and act like your the highway star! Here’s a piece of quote from the shot n’ roller himself… “He who drives fast dies fast”.
6. Pray. The last and definitely not the least. The most important of all and most powerful… Pray is the best thing to do in this kind of situation, coz he’s the only one who can make an impossible to possible.
In overall, we should be prepared at all times, coz we don’t know when, where and to whom the lightning will strike…
Thanks for dropping by to my Gallery! By the way, if you like this post, you can drop some comments and rate it. Just click those stars and gimme a hell yeah! \m/
Canon EOS 1000D
Canon EF-S 18-55mm kit lens